The enterprise value specialists at Ceibass know that a successful business does not happen by accident. Increasing revenues, having the right people, decreasing costs, improving margins does not happen without first constituting an ambition. And at this time of year, many people are busy constituting ambitions or making New Year’s Resolutions.
Here are some resolutions from the Ceibass team for you to consider as you look out upon the new year:
- Pay close attention the mood of your company. Mood is everything. Seek moods of enthusiasm, teamwork, and goodwill.
- Bring new life to YOUR passion. What made you successful? Organizational design, management, sales, working with customers? Figure it out and give yourself more of it.
- Stay in touch with the people that matter most. Key members of your staff, family, friends, key customers? Make the time to make a quick call, share an article, text, give a pat on the back.
- Train yourself and your team to be in positive attitudes about your most difficult clients.
- Invent new ambitions for your management team around industry education or staying in shape. Take a personal interest.
- Commit to keeping a much closer track of your competition. Know their pricing, offers, hires, strengths, and weaknesses. Look for threats, new obligations, and opportunities.
- Create some small surprises to enhance your customer’s experience.
- Stop gossiping. Keep private conversations private.
- Clear out the clutter in your yard and offices. Reduce your waste – including wasting time, energy, money, and opportunities.
- Talk less, listen more.
- Upgrade your technology. Commit to learning new software and hardware.
- Share your team’s successes daily, even small ones. Recognize and celebrate the humanity in others.